7:37 AM

Coffee Dating

Hello Love Birds!

I don't know about you but I am obsessed with coffee. It's what gets me out of bed in the morning and it's my motivation to pick up the pace in my last mile of running. You might say that I am addicted.  There is so much comfort in holding a warm cup of coffee on a chilly morning. It's like a warm bath for your soul (Ack! I'm so cheesy and overly romantic)!  

But really, loves, it's just the thing to do for a blind date; I like to call it "coffee dating." At one time in my life I went on three coffee dates in one day! I mean really, you can tell a lot about someone by what kind of coffee they drink (or don't drink!).

Here's why your next date needs to be a coffee date:

1. There is no time commitment. A coffee date doesn't require you to wait for food or have the awkward conversation about whether or not to order dessert. If things are going well, it is easy to draw out by slowly sipping on your coffee, but if things are pretty scary you can down that cup very quickly.

2. Your date's coffee selection can be revealing. Did your date order a black coffee? An iced green tea? Or, heaven forbidden, a trenta caramel sauce latte with extra caramel drizzled on the bottom. Find out what your choice says about you here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-drink/drinks/what-your-coffee-says-about-you/

3. It's the perfect environment for conversation. There is nothing better than sitting in a perfectly worn vintage chair in a quiet coffee shop filled will books, flowers, and the heavenly scent of coffee to get a conversation flowing.

4. It's casual. When you are meeting someone for a blind date nerves are an automatic. The casualness of a coffee date will help mitigate your feelings of anxiety and nervousness.

5. It's a low commitment obligation. At the end of the date you either say, "This has been fun! Let's try dinner tomorrow night!" or "I've got to run but thank you so much for the coffee!"

Here's my challenge to you: try coffee dating this week. It doesn't matter if you are a first time blind dater or a regular, get out there and meet someone new. You never know, your coffee may taste a bit sweeter with just the right person sitting across from you! And remember, #neverdatealone

<3

Sara 

No comments

Post a Comment