12:00 AM

When is the Right Time to Meet Your Dream Girl?


Love Birds, I’m home!

Ah, soft sheets, warm showers, and my kitchen.…sometimes it is the smallest creature comforts that I find happiness in!  Well, I am back and I have some big life decisions ahead of me.  Traveling opened my eyes to new possibilities and love.  More to come soon!  This week’s letter comes from the realm of online dating. 
------------

­­­­­­­­
Dear Sara,

I’ve just discovered your blog a couple of months ago and I am addicted! I am a travel photographer and I loved your series about dating in China. Here’s the thing, I have fallen for a girl I’ve never met. We’ve been sharing everything from private Instagram photos, texts messages, snapchats, and Facebook posts. I am so smitten. I am ready to meet her in person but what if she isn’t what I think she is. Then again, what if she is? I am thinking of asking her out but not sure how to do it.

Enamored on Instagram


Dear Enamored on Instagram,

First, I would like to address your job! You are a travel photographer?! Wow, I can’t imagine having that dream life and it sounds like you might have found your dream girl to accompany you on your adventures! Here's my advice to you: Take it slow. If I were she, I would want you to ask me out for drinks first.  Just try inviting her out for a happy hour drink. This leaves things very opened ended and low committal in case she turns out to be not what you expected. I’m you’ve heard of catfish, right?! Ha! But don’t let this scare you off. If you don’t try then you’ll never know and you will always be wondering what if. This is one of my biggest takes from my trip to China. I don’t want to be one of those people who go through life wondering what if… You’ve got to seize these opportunities and make the most of your life!  Best of luck to you, sweet Enamored, she sounds like a very lucky gal!

<3

Sara

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Dating Sara, you always seem to know exactly the right thing to say! Now all I need to do is make my move! ;)

    ReplyDelete